Friday 10 May 2013

CHOC CHERRY SLICE! Totallllly Yummm!

Sooo, if your wondering what I do on my long boring days at home.... I bake, do crafts, refurbish items and look after my little 7 month old =) Yesterday I made this delightful Choc Cherry Slice for Hubby to take to work to share around today! Apparently it was a hit, So I thought I would Share the recipe with you guys! xx Enjoy =)

CHOC CHERRY SLICE
 Ingredients: *250g packet plain choc biscuits (I used plain and mixed coco in)
                     *125g melted butter
                     *4 cups desiccated coconut
                     *1 cup icing sugar
                     *395g can sweetened condensed milk
                     *200g packet red glace cherries, finely chopped
                     *1 egg white
                     *rose pink food colouring
                     150g milk chocolate, melted
 1. Grease and line a 20 x 30cm pan. Place the biscuits into a food processor and process until fine crumbs form. Add butter and process to combine.
 2. Press into base of the pan and chill.
 3. Meanwhile, combine coconut, icing sugar, condense milk, cherries and egg white in a large bowl.
 4. Add a few drops of food colouring and mix well.
 5. Spoon mixture evenly over the prepared biscuit base. Refrigerate until firm.
6. Cut slice into 4cm pieces. Spoon the chocolate into a snap lock bag ad snip the corner. Drizzle over the squares of slice, chill until set before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment